POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Circular Helix : Re: Circular Helix Server Time
30 Jul 2024 02:29:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Circular Helix
From: Renderdog
Date: 27 Oct 2004 12:30:00
Message: <web.417fcc974c4748cb4428009b0@news.povray.org>
"David Robinson" <tdf### [at] ezrscom> wrote:
> Ah, thanks for the tip. Looks good - but I'm afraid I don't understand POV
> enough yet to debug this:
>
> Parse Error: Expected 'object or directive', function identifier found
> instead
>
> So, I'm assuming either my syntax is all wrong (I literally copy/pasted) or
> I should have some #include files.
>
> Sorry about this, I'll be off everybody's back soon :)

An isosurface requires more than just the function, you'll
have to read the documentation to make use of the helix
functions in an isosurface.

Here's a little more to go on, but you'll probably have
difficulty with it until you play with the simpler isosurfaces
first.

#local RopeHoop = function {
 f_helical_torus(x,y,z, 100, 60, 2,
         1.0, 1,
         0.5,
         0.25, 1, 1.0, 0)
            }

isosurface {
 function { RopeHoop(x,y,z) }
 max_gradient 3.0
 contained_by { box { <0, 0, 0>, <110, 10, 75> } }
 scale 0.04
 rotate -90*x
      }